Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at REC Pedia. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
When you visit our website and more generally, use any of our services, we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously.
This privacy aspect applies to all the information collected through our services as well as any related services sales marketing or events.
REC Pedia respects your right to privacy. This page is employed to tell website guests concerning our policies with the gathering, use, and speech act of private info if anyone set to use our Service. This policy may change from time to time, thus please check back sporadically.
If you select to use our Service, then you conform to the gathering and use of knowledge in relation to this policy. the private info that we have a tendency to collect.
Collection and Use :
For a far better experience, while using our Service, we may require you to supply us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, telephone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
Log Data :
We also want to inform you that whenever you visit our website, we collect information that your browser sends to us which is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Service Providers :
We want to inform our Service users that in the future if third parties have access to your Personal Information then, the reason will to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your personal information but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Therefore, be alert while providing sensitive information.
Links to Other Sites:
CODE OF CONDUCT
1) Recognising that freedom of speech is a basic element of RECPedia.
2) Emphasizing the individual's fundamental freedoms of expression and information.
3) Noting the duty of the Pedia is to protect the freedom of expression and not to yield to any pressure from any person or authority who might want to prevent the free flow of information, free access to sources of information.
4) Realising that it is our duty to publish every important information related to college and university.
5) Ensuring that all information can reach every student of the college through various social media platforms.
6) Emphasizing the importance of maintaining accuracy in reporting and protection of privacy of individuals.
7) Realising the need to regulate the conduct of every person working for the REC Pedia.
Accuracy and fairness
1) A content writer shall write, and the Pedia shall publish information or report in a fair, accurate, and unbiased manner.
2) Whenever it is recognized that an inaccurate, misleading report has been published, it shall be corrected promptly.
3) An apology shall be published in case any wrong information published.
Opportunity to reply
1) A fair opportunity to reply to inaccuracies shall be given to individuals when that is reasonably called for.
2) If a request to correct inaccuracies in a story is made in the form of a letter, the editor shall have the discretion to publish.
1) Unnamed sources shall not be used unless the public interest or the pursuit of truth is best served by not naming the source.
2) When material is used in a report from sources other than the college, these sources shall be indicated in the story.
1) Pedia shall have the obligation to protect confidential sources of information.
1) Using someone else's work without attribution or acknowledgment, whether deliberately or thoughtlessly, is prohibited.
2) Statements or words directly quoted from sources shall be attributed.
1) Every person shall be accorded equal treatment as a news subject or source and no member shall deliberately deny the right of any group of individuals.
1) Intrusion and inquiries into an individual's private life without the person's consent are prohibited.
Provision against insider dealing
1) No Pedia member shall use information, received in the course of his or her duties in advance of its general publication, for monetary or other profit; nor shall he or she pass such information to third parties.
Conflict of interest and unfair advantage
1) Pedia members shall conduct themselves in a manner that protects them from real or apparent conflicts of interest.
Verification of report before publication
1) Before posting any information on social media its accuracy and transparency should be check.
1) The editor shall assume responsibility under the terms of this Code for all matters, including advertisements, published on social media.
2) Where responsibility is disclaimed, this shall be explicitly stated beforehand.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
At REC Pedia, we understand that social media can be a fun and rewarding way to share your life and opinions with family, friends, and co-workers around the world. However, the use of social media also presents certain risks and carries with it certain responsibilities. To safeguard you, us & our college in making responsible decisions about our use of social media, we have established these guidelines for appropriate use of social media.
This policy applies to all teammates, ex-servicemen, associates, collaborators, & everyone directly or indirectly related to the work of REC Pedia.
In the rapidly expanding world of electronic communication, social media can mean many things. Social media includes all means of communicating or posting information or content of any sort on the Internet, including to your own or someone else’s weblog or blog, journal or diary, personal website, social networking or affinity website, web bulletin board, or a chat room, whether or not associated or affiliated with REC Pedia, as well as any other form of electronic communication.
The same principles and guidelines found in REC Pedia policies and three basic beliefs apply to your activities online. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for what you post online. Before creating online content, consider some of the risks and rewards that are involved. Any of your online content, post, the story will be reshared if and only if you’ve tag/mention us in that content or have sent the content to our official account, personally from your official account, asking for resharing. Any content that comes to us only in these ways, will be further checked and analyzed by the PR Department of REC Pedia & if it serves the benefit of REC or RECians without having any hidden agenda, then after approval from our Coordinator, Manager & Editor-In-Chief, it’ll be reshared/published in our social media platforms. Keep in mind that any of your content that adversely affects fellow associates, teammates, ex-servicemen, collaborators, or otherwise adversely affects members, followers, viewers, people who work on behalf of REC Pedia, or REC Pedia’s legitimate work interests may result in disciplinary action upon you, may also lead to termination from the board of SAC.
Know and follow the rules
Carefully read the above guidelines. Inappropriate postings that may include discriminatory remarks, harassment, and threats of violence or similar inappropriate or unlawful conduct will not be tolerated and may subject you to disciplinary action upon you, may also leading to termination from the board of SAC.
Always be fair and courteous to fellow associates, viewers, followers, members, or people who work on behalf of REC Pedia. Nevertheless, if you decide to post complaints or criticism, you’re allowed to use your freedom of speech, but In such cases, you’ve to ask for our side of the story as well, then you can proceed whatever you wish. Examples of such conduct might include offensive posts meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or posts that could contribute to a hostile work environment based on race, sex, disability, religion, or any other status protected by law or our policy.
Post only appropriate and respectful content
Maintain the confidentiality of REC Pedia’s internal information and private or confidential information. It may include information regarding the development of systems, processes, know-how, and technology. Do not post internal reports, policies, procedures, or other internal work-related confidential communications.
Respect financial disclosure laws. Maintain confidentiality regarding the financial transactions of REC Pedia.
Do not create a link from your blog, website, or other social networking sites to a REC Pedia website without identifying yourself as a REC Pedia teammate, ex-servicemen, associate, collaborator, & anyone directly or indirectly related to the work of REC Pedia.
Express only your personal opinions. Never represent yourself as a spokesperson for REC Pedia. If REC Pedia is a subject of the content you are creating, be clear and open about the fact that you are a teammate, ex-servicemen, associate, collaborator, & anyone directly or indirectly related to the work of REC Pedia and make it clear that your views do not represent those of REC Pedia, fellow associates, members, viewers, followers or people working on behalf of REC Pedia. If you do publish a blog or post online related to the work you do or subjects associated with REC Pedia, make it clear that you are not speaking on behalf of REC Pedia. It is best to include a disclaimer such as “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of REC Pedia.”
Using social media at work
Do not use REC Pedia email addresses/links to register on social networks, blogs, or other online tools utilized for personal use.
For more information
If you have questions or need further guidance, please contact our POC.